As part of our core strategic services around defined benefit pension de-risking, we also provide general corporate pensions advice, including:
CORPORATE ACTUARIAL SERVICES
- PPF Levy advice – working with you to ensure you pay an appropriate PPF levy throughout the implementation period of your strategy.
- Corporate pension scheme accounting – advice to help you set actuarial assumptions and accounting methodologies which are appropriate to your strategy and as well as providing all the necessary numbers and disclosures under FRS102 section 28 and/or IAS19R.
- High earner/executive pensions – advice to the Company in respect of higher earners and executive pension planning, including communication to employees.
- Supporting the monitoring and procurement of advisers –we use our extensive knowledge of the market to help you select the advisers that are best suited to meet your requirements, including your strategic objectives and budgets.
- Advice in relation to governance structures – we help you design governance structures and processes that are most appropriate to fit your strategy at each stage of its development.
DC CONSULTING SERVICES
The pension arrangements for a family business can often have multiple objectives aimed at:
- Aligning your offering with your values as a family business and your beliefs on important principles such as fairness and reward.
- Preserving and enhancing your reputation as a responsible employer and making sure your employees and their families are protected.
- Recognising your responsibilities as an employer, whilst also engaging your employees so they take their share of the responsibility for their retirement saving.
- Selecting providers that offer value for money for the services they offer and taking an active role in monitoring and improving their performance.
- Taking a long-term view on the sustainability of your policies for the future needs of your business (and avoid storing up problems for future generations to deal with).
- Simplifying your arrangements as far as possible to ensure the efficient running of your business.
- Making sure your policies are appropriate for the nature of your workforce and your industry sector.
- Staying ahead of regulatory requirements and emerging trends in pension provision.
We believe that designing an effective governance structure is key to you being able to deliver on your objectives. We work with family businesses to design a governance framework that is tailored to your unique circumstances and provide you with the support you need to help you run it effectively.