STRATEGIC PENSIONS ADVICE
We have carefully and patiently built a team of highly experienced professionals from a range of backgrounds that can provide market leading advice on any aspect of corporate pension strategy.
OUR CORE STRATEGY
Our core strategy is based on designing and implementing a series of co-ordinated steps aimed at de-risking and ultimately buying out pension schemes, sometimes over an accelerated timescale to coincide with a family succession event or a plan to exit the business. This includes advice on:
- Developing ambitious, but realistic objectives for de-risking your pension scheme and helping you develop long term funding and investment strategies for achieving them.
- Building governance structures and processes that allow you to capture volatility in your investment strategy and react quickly to de-risking opportunities.
- Making intelligent use of liability management and benefit optimisation techniques that will reduce the cost of de-risking your scheme, whilst providing outcomes for scheme members that are more appropriately suited for their circumstances.
- Rigorous preparation of data, benefit structure and scheme documentation to help you demonstrate your readiness and commitment to transact efficiently in the bulk annuity market.
- Using our market leading expertise and experience in the bulk annuity market to secure the best commercial terms for a Buy-in or Buy-out* [see footnote].
*All bulk annuity transactions are carried out by a regulated sister company, K3 Advisory Limited
PRAGMATIC SOLUTIONS TO FAMILY BUSINESS ISSUES
We also specialise in finding pragmatic solutions to deal with the pension aspects of:
- Scheme closures
- Family demergers
- Dividend policy
- Share buy-back programmes
- Corporate M&A activity
Increasingly, this also involves us helping family shareholders safely navigate the complex regulatory regime in each of these areas.